Bartley J. Madden Foundation
Our fundamental purpose is to promote a free-market, dynamic, value-creation society. A society that maximizes innovation and opportunity while sustaining win-win relationships.
A free-market society is the best way to achieve widespread prosperity and raise the standard of living for everyone. A free market entails property rights, voluntary transactions, and a level competitive playing field where the rules apply equally to all participants. This contrasts with cronyism, where what counts is who you know in government. What counts in a free-market society is how much value you create for others, which is the path to earned success for yourself.
A dynamic, free-market society enthusiastically supports experimentation, knowledge building, and innovation that guides value creation by both established firms as well as startups. Such a society strives for equality of opportunity and enables people to rise as high as their skills, determination, and insight can take them.
Allocation of Resources
We therefore support:
- Programs and educational resources that demonstrate how everyone, particularly the least well off, benefit from a society that embraces the free market, which has been the greatest force to reduce poverty and increase prosperity.
- Organizations skilled in helping people get jobs that offer a career path to earned success.
- Programs to assist veterans of our armed services to transition into productive, private sector jobs.
- Programs to instill private sector innovation and efficiency into government processes.
- Research that advances our understanding of how a knowledge-building culture leads to sustained innovation and high performance.
Bartley J. Madden
Gregory L. Madden
Jeffrey B. Madden